Workshops will be designed to encompass one or more discipline. Offerings include these materials and techniques:
- Hand-building: sculptural pieces and functional ware
- Ceramics on the Potter’s Wheel
- 3-dimensional representational and abstract shapes and forms in various mediums e.g., clay, foam-core, wire, wood, found-objects.
- How to make marks on the paper look “real.”
- Understand the basic alphabet and vocabulary used in the visual arts.
Basic 2-Dimensional Design
- Graphic Illustration, Textile Design, Fashion Design, Ceramic Tile Pattern Design
Basic Painting Techniques and Materials
- Acrylics on canvas, foam-core, wood, fabric
- Illustrator’s Gouache
- Printmaking with a Printing Press
- Knitting, Crochet, Embroidery, Sewing
- Tie-dye, Vat Dying
- Papermaking, Paper Marbling, Masks, Clothing Construction