Ceramic Handprint Tiles and Murals
Handmade tiles are of earthenware clay in which participants hands will be impressed. The tiles will be glazed, fired, and installed, most commonly on exterior walls.
Typically, the tiles are 7" x 7". However, Because tiles are individually made for each facility, precise design - sizes, shapes and colors - will be determined to suit each specific aesthetic and site.
Existing walls can be seen in many Marin County locations including The Discovery Museum, Sausalito; San Domenico School, San Anselmo; Ross Valley Nursery School, Kentfield; and, Boyle Park, Mill Valley.
Handmade Ceramic Dedication Tiles
Commission one-of-a-kind handmade tiles to highlight your community space.
- Honor major donors.
- Acknowledge board members, feature civic leaders, or recognize teaching staff.
- Commemorate celebratory events.
- Rededicate a refurbished sculpture garden or playground.
Hand-painted in vibrant colors, tiles can be made in a variety of sizes and shapes and will be customized to reflect your unique logo and text.
Community Ceramic Wall Mosaics
Students from your school, spiritual community, or social center will band together to design, construct, and glaze a ceramic wall mural. Themes can pertain to class curricula or reflect a revered community event, a commemorative celebration, or a seasonal festival.
The completed glazed and fired mural ‘puzzle pieces’ will be delivered to your site for installation by a qualified artisan. Consider asking a professional contractor in your community to donate the installation.
Individual ceramic tiles can to be purchased by members of your community for a fee beyond the contracted production and installation fee. Consider increasing your profit by arranging for a professional contractor in your community to donate the installation.
- Your fundraising chairperson will be responsible for completing orders from your community members and agreeing upon the dates and times for the actual hand-printing process. The activity can be scheduled in conjunction with a community event such as a commemorative celebration or a seasonal festival.
- The requisite number of raw, wet tiles will be brought to your event for the actual the hand-printing and signing process.
- The completed glazed and fired tiles will be delivered to your site for installation by a qualified artisan.
Fees to be determined per project by agreement.
Please make arrangements well in advance.